Monday, August 19, 2013


Back of the Card

When I was growing up I was teased, but not by my class mates, but by my siblings.  They said it was because I cried a lot.  The thing is, I cried after they teased me.  Catch-22, I suppose.  I was a sensitive child and if you ask Husband he will say that I still am.  One of the names my sibs used to call me, and I can't believe that I am sharing this, so I guess there is growth, was "Hootie." They say its because when I was small, they would see me looking out of the window and all that they would see were my large eyes. Whatever.  It hurt then and for a long time.  Massive scars were felt from that minuscule six-letter word.  There was so much more to it than they could have imagined.  Well, many, many, many years later when I ran across this punch from Stampin Up!, I decided to take that power back.  I will not let that name cause me any more pain.  I started seeing jewelry made of owls.  I went into the Pay/Half store and bought four necklaces and I explained to Husband about the name.  Until that point I was not able to share the hurt and pain. Now you must realize that I was 45 at that time and still held those scars and let them affect me. Now when we all get together and talk about those memories, I remember that little girls pain and I leave it there.  This grown woman has moved on and I am free.  I wanted to use this punch on the back of all of my handmade cards.  Am I ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment